The proper greek pork chops recipe! Golden and crusty on the surface and completely tender and succulent on the within. That is my favorite Greek brizola recipe (Greek pork chops recipe)! The key behind this pork chops recipe is the marinade. The pork chops are bathed in a Greek-style marinade of olive oil, crimson wine vinegar, crimson onions, garlic, black pepper and beneficiant lashings of dried Greek oregano! Seared on a sizzling pan to get golden and caramelised after which oven-baked, lined and sealed with parchment paper, alongside with garlic lemon potatoes in white wine. This Greek pork chops recipe is greatest served with an enormous bowl of tzatziki, a facet of toasted pita bread and Greek feta salad for an entire beneficiant Greek model meal!
Greek pork chops recipe – Suggestions for the right oven-baked pork chops (Brizola)
After all the best choice is to grill the brizola (Greek pork chops) on a char-coal barbecue, to get all of them crispy and smokey. Nonetheless in the event you don’t have the time or area for a correct barbecue, this Greek pork chops recipe is appropriate for frying and oven-roasting. For this Greek pork chops recipe use some bone-in pork chops, because the bones are inclined to make the meat juicier retaining the moisture inside. Pork chops are a fast cooking reduce of meat, that’s very simple to overcook. In Greece when making ready Greek pork chops (brizola) it’s an unwritten rule to roast the potatoes in the identical pan with the pork chops in order that they soak in all of the juices and aromas from the meat. However then, potatoes and pork chops don’t cook dinner on the identical time, so begin roasting the potatoes first for about 45 minutes. Begin the pork chops on the pan, the place they get a very good sear after which switch them within the roasting pan with the potatoes to complete cooking. Searing the pork chops, will give them that fantastic golden crust on the surface and seal the juices inside. Lots of people are afraid that oven roasting the pork chops will make them dry, however the truth is that the light warmth of the oven helps us to manage the speed of cooking a bit higher and prevents the surface from getting powerful and dry earlier than the center has completed cooking. When you have thermometer then use it on the thickest half; when the pork chops are finished it ought to register 62 C/ 145 F. Lastly, after finished cooking, don’t neglect to tent the pork chops loosely with foil and and let relaxation for at the least 5 minutes. The pork chops are nonetheless cooking from the warmth. When you strive slicing them instantly, then all of the juices will come out and the meat will dry.
- four pork chops (bone-in, approx 2.5 cm thick)
- 7 medium sized potatoes, reduce in wedges
For the marinade
- 1/three of a cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp crimson wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 crimson onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- salt and freshly floor pepper
- 1 tbsp mustard (elective)
For the potatoes
- 1/four of cup dry white wine
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and freshly floor pepper
- To organize this Greek brizola recipe with roast potatoes (Greek pork chops), begin by making ready the marinade. In a big bowl add the roughly chopped onions, the garlic slices and the pork chops (brizola). Drizzle with olive oil and crimson wine vinegar and season with salt and freshly floor pepper. Sprinkle the pork chops with oregano and mix to coat. Cowl the bowl with plastic wrap, chill and let marinade for 1-2 hours.
- Reduce a big piece of parchment paper and soak it with water. Squeeze to eliminate the extreme water and line on a big baking tray. Place the potatoes on the parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, pour within the white wine and season with salt. Sprinkle the potatoes with oregano and minced garlic. Cowl with a big moist piece of parchment paper and be part of the perimeters collectively to seal. Bake at 180C for about 45 minutes.
- Now it’s time to get some color on the pork chops. Warmth a griddle pan over excessive warmth and sear the pork chops for about 1 minute on either side, till properly colored.
- Flip the baking tray out of the oven. Uncover the parchment paper and place the pork chops over the potatoes on a single layer. Cowl once more to seal and pop again within the oven for about 10-15 minutes, relying on the thickness of the pork chops.
- Take away the baking tray from the oven, unwrap and take away the pork chops. Cowl the pork chops with aluminium foil and let relaxation for 10 minutes. Bake the potatoes uncovered for about 15 minutes, till properly colored.
- Serve whereas nonetheless heat. Get pleasure from!
Recipe picture gallery: